Despite being small in comparison with recent venues, the Dilijan Amphitheatre has been chosen as the setting for the 27th Eurovision Memories Song Contest. However, it won't be the smallest venue ever, as that title was taken by Ross's House, the venue in Bath for EM09.
Despite there is a city stadium, the Dilijan Amphitheatre is usually the venue for the festivals and concerts of the city: decorated with Roman statues, overlooking the Aghstev River Valley, and artistically minimalistic in most senses. AraratTV will set up a modern stage in the proscenium of the venue; and fans and delegations will sit in the marble chairs in front of it. A screen will be set up in Dilijan's Town Square so that more people can watch the event live.
"We want to host the show in an authentic and intimate way, with the best of Armenia. We just found out that Dilijan was the best choice; and a perfect platform for visitors to go around the rest of the country. I, as the future host, and the current head of the Armenian delegation; am very proud to have selected this town as the venue for the 27th Eurovision Memories Song Contest... Hopefully the best one so far!" - DAVIT' LESMES
The bid from Dilijan defeated that of several other cities:
- Jermuk (The city was too small to host the event and access was difficult)
- Gyumri (The city was deemed 'not enough attractive' to host the event)
- Yerevan (The bid was basically a repetition of EM02, something AraratTV wanted to avoid)
- Sevan (This summer city was not going to shine on winter)
- Stepanakert (For being located de jure in Azerbaijan, it would have triggered controversy)
And thus, the second Armenian city to host the show will be the Armenian Switzerland!