And we start our round of interviews with the Czech Republic representant, Dinis Lopes, a portuguese player.
1. How did you joined EM? How did you find out about EM?
It was Flávio's idea to show me the contest and, in general, I really enjoyed its differences compared to the "common" contests. I ended up joining in since I wanted an "adventure" with a country whose music scene I didn't know so well.
2. Did you discover new music at EM? Name some of your favourite songs.
I did! Specially songs from The Netherlands and Denmark, and also from the Czech Republic (my country), of course. I really, really liked "Lamppost Light" by Lydmor from Denmark. That song is really beautiful.
3. What do you like most about EM?
Easy: the quality and the general look of the website and how it's really well organised.
4. Are you happy with the results and voting system in general?
Generally, yes. I can't blame my results on the contest overall, I know it's hard sometimes to appreciate different music genres.
5. Do you think that this contest can be improved? How?
I would remove the "Second Chance Round" though, since only a part of the players vote, not exactly everyone, which might be unfair.
6. What do you think about the EM Organizers and the other groups of EM (Family, Journalists, Fairness Commitee)?
I don't really think I have much to say about them. They perform a good work overall, and it isn't my place to judge them.
7. Did EM influenced your life in some particular way?
Not really, or at least not yet! It's just an hobby of mine, simply.
8: Since when do you follow the show? Which are you first memories of it?
I've watched it since the 2005 edition, but only followed it as a "closer" fan (online as well) from 2007 onwards. I remember that, in Sunday Church Class in 2005, we spoke about it once, as the show occured on the night before. It was so fun that we were telling each other our favourites and funny things about it. It's a heartwarming memory.
9. Did you liked this year's winner? Did you had any other favourites?
I did, I really like Emmelie de Forest. She was one of my favourites, along with ByeAlex, Bonnie Tyler and Marco Mengoni.
10. What about ESC2014? What are you expecting with all the recent news, from already selected singers to details about the venue and the show?
First of all, I'm delighted that Portugal will be back, it's just great. So far, I don't know much, but I am sure that Denmark will be an outstanding host, being it the country that it is. And we get to see Valentina again, yay! *ironic laughter*
11. If you had to select, which would be your "All-Time" song from ESC?
RändajadEven though I have various, and it's hard to pick just 1, I would have to say that "Randajad" by Urban Symphony is my favourite song of all time from the contest. It's just too much of a masterpiece to even be just a song, it's even more than that for me. It's like a 3 minute-trip to heaven!
12. Any last words to end the interview?
Well, I'd like to thank you for asking me and giving me the chance to share a bit of my thoughts. And I'd like to wish the best to it and all the contestants.
And we finish our first interview! Who will be the next one?? Stay tuned!