Our next interview will occur on Eastern Europe, in Ukraine, home of Kamilo, our fellow ukranian player. He's still waiting for his first win on the contest, let's hope it's soon!
1. How did you joined EM? How did you find out about EM?
Well, I was looking on facebook about Eurovision and then I found the group. It sounded really interesting for me! Then, I contacted Florin and he said me the rules. At first, I was about to pick Israel, but then I saw that my own country was free so I chose it and here I am after 24 editions.
2. Did you discover new music at EM? Name some of your favourite songs.
For sure! I've found in the contest new music that make my day and I listen over and over again. I can name ‘’Problemom Srednic’’ by Nika Zorjan (Slovenia), ‘’Pure’’ by Claudia Faniello (Malta) and ‘’Father’s Eyes’’ by Ask Embla (Norway).
3. What do you like most about EM?
The new music I discovered from every corner in Europe and the amazing friendship I got from other contestants.
4. Are you happy with the results and voting system in general?
Well, you know that sometimes, the voting is a complex situation. Some people vote in a really different way between semifinals and final, which makes amazing songs get a lower place. Because of that, I can say I’m not fully satisfied with the results.
5. Do you think that this contest can be improved? How?
Yes, I think countries that got place 11th in their semifinal must qualify directly and do not pass to the Second Chance.
6. What do you think about the EM Organizers and the other groups of EM (Family, Journalists, Fairness Commitee)?
They are an amazing team, because they have their own responsabilities and they even have time for the contest and to make every contestant happy.
7. Did EM influenced your life in some particular way?
Actually yes! When I feel like in bad mood or something, I listen to some EM songs and it changes completely. It’s amazing the power of the music!
8: Since when do you follow the show? Which are you first memories of it?
I follow ESC from 2005 when Ukraine was the host. I was like 14 years old. And well, definitely, my first memory is being in the Palace of Sports in Kiev watching live the entire ESC Final. It was an amazing experience that I shared with my family.
9. Did you liked this year's winner? Did you had any other favourites?
The song is pretty good but not for a winning, I think Zlata, Margaret Berger or even Cascada should've taken the trophy. Some of my favorites songs didn’t qualify were ‘’Rak Bishvilo’’ by Moran Mazor, ‘’Ljubav Je Svuda’’ by Moje 3, and ‘’An Me Thimase’’ By Despina Olympiou.
10. What about ESC2014? What are you expecting with all the recent news, from already selected singers to details about the venue and the show?
Well, it will be a interesting show! We already know what some countries think about Conchita Wurst, but I will love see her on stage. Plus, the venue on an island and the countries that rejected to enter on ESC.It will be for sure an interesting Eurovision.
11. If you had to select, which would be your "All-Time" song from ESC?
Hard question, but I can say ‘’Hasheket Shenishar’’ by Shiri Maimon, that song always touch my heart.
12. Any last words to end the interview?
I just want tosay "Thank You" to all the people who votes for Ukraine, thank you for the wonderful friendship that we share in the contest and I hope that, sometime, Ukraine gets the 1st place.
Well, you're lucky already because you have already done a thing many of us didn't: seeing ESC live on stage!